Year 6 Teacher - Lewisham - September 2018
A school in Lewisham are looking for a Year 6 Teacher to join their team from September 2018 on a full time basis. The school will offer an inner London main scale or TLR for the right candidate depending on experience. They are looking for someone who will:
- Have an excellent understanding of the curriculum and able to meet the needs of happy and well behaved children.
- Be an exemplary classroom practitioner with high expectations of pupil's achievement.
- Have a belief in putting children at the heart of your work.
- Support the school's catholic ethos.
This is a catholic primary school who are an inclusive school that celebrates diversity of cultures and provide care, guidance and good support for all in its community. Their catholic ethos provides a safe and welcoming environment for all pupils. The children are happy, well behaved and are motivated to learn and achieve. Attendance is good and bullying is rare. They have talented and committed staff team who create a positive and purposeful atmosphere within the school. Staff are dedicated, have high expectations and a belief that all children can achieve and be successful. They are a good school and their recent Ofsted inspection reflected positively on these qualities.
The school is situated in a good area which is emerging, creative and vibrant. There is a local arts centre and a short walk from Greenwich with excellent transport links with London Bridge, Deptford and Deptford Bridge DLR close by. The school are firmly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
The school offer:
- Strong induction support, both internally and externally
- Friendly staff team
- Skilled, daily teaching assistant support for every class
- Strong programme of professional development support
- Children who are friendly, enthusiastic and keen to learn
All candidates must have the right to work in the UK, hold QTS, relevant references from the last two years and current DBS subscribed on the online service. Anyone who does not will be required to carry out a new Enhanced DBS.
To apply for this particular position please submit your CV via the button below or call us on 0203 794 8988. Should your application meet the selection criteria, you will be contacted shortly by a dedicated member of Uniform Education team. Uniform Education will run through an initial registration process to be followed by either an interview or trial day at the school's discretion. Any offers will be subject to references and relevant safeguarding checks.
Uniform Education offer:
- Ongoing CPD
- NQT support and guidance
- NQT Placements
- CV format advice and support
- Competitive rates
- Experienced teachers are paid to scale
- Wide choice of schools and locations
- Dedicated team of experienced consultants
- £200 bonus fee if you recommend a teacher or support staff *(T&Cs apply)