Uniform Education are currently working with two and three form entry Primary schools across Hertfordshire who are looking to employ experienced, passionate and enthusiastic learning support assistants.
If you are interested in furthering your career in education whether within Special Educational Needs or have ambitions of becoming a class teacher, this role is an excellent starting point and provides valuable experience. You will be working closely with the class teacher and SEN -Coordinator in ensuring the children are supported and progressing.
This successful applicant must be:
- Have experience as a Teaching assistance in primary schools.
- Comfortable working 1:1 with a pupil with learning difficulties
- Experience working with children with special educational needs is desirable
- An excellent and clear communicator
- Patient and able to build rapport with pupils
- Understanding and approachable
- Someone who possesses excellent literacy and numeracy knowledge
You will be responsible for:
- Providing children with support, both in small groups and on a 1:1 basis
- Assisting the children with their work; in particular literacy and numeracy
- Following the child's IEP ensuring they work towards their targets
- Liaising with the SENCO and other support staff on a regular basis
This position will be suitable for:
- Graduates (ideally with Special Educational Needs experience)
- A person who holds a child care or teaching assistant qualification - eg. CACHE Level 3
- A person who has worked in a caring position and has transferrable skills
- An experienced Learning Support Assistant wanting a new challenge
This post is subject to a current enhanced DBS and 2 professional references.
If you would like to apply, please email all inquiries to Rebecca at or call 0203 794 8988.