Uniform Education are currently working with a number of Primary schools in Enfield who are looking to employ teaching assistants to work within their school.
The successful candidate will be flexible and willing to work hard as part of the school team to ensure all pupils receive the utmost attention and support. Ultimately, it is important that you can work well with the school team, carrying out your own responsibilities as well as helping with other responsibilities when required.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing children with support, both in small groups and on a 1:1 basis
- Supporting pupils with; Emotional and behavioural difficulties, disabilities and special educational needs.
- Assisting the children with their work; in particular literacy and numeracy
- Following the child's IEP ensuring they work towards their targets
- Liaising with the SENCO, Teachers and other support staff on a regular basis
This position will be suitable for:
- Graduates (ideally with Special Educational Needs experience)
- A person who holds a child care or teaching assistant qualification
- A person who has worked in a caring position and has transferrable skills
- An experienced Learning Support Assistant wanting a new challenge
This successful applicant must:
- Have a passion for working with children of all abilities
- Be comfortable working 1:1 with a pupil with learning and behavioural difficulties
- Have experience working with children with special educational needs is desirable
- Be an excellent and clear communicator
- Patient and able to build rapport with pupils
- Understanding and approachable
- Someone who possesses excellent literacy and numeracy knowledge
- Hold, or be willing to carry out, an enhanced DBS
- Be able to provide professional references to cover you for at least 2 years
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, please submit your CV and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss the role further.