- Wandsworth London
- September 2019 Start
- SEN Teacher
- MPS - UPS Pay Scale + SEN
Do you have experience teaching children with hearing, speech, language and communication needs?
Our team at Uniform Education are looking to a fill a vacancy within one of our schools in the Wandsworth area. The school is looking for an SEN Teacher for the deaf that specialises in Maths and English. The role is fulltime and will begin in September 2019.
This is a superb, vibrant and modern mixed school with the ages of the students ranging from 10 to 19. The school have a range of highly qualified staff, including Teachers of the Deaf, Speech and Language Therapists an Occupational Therapists.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate and self-motivated, capable of delivering innovative lessons and are proud to work with schools committed to developing both its pupils and staff to strive to create a wonderful learning environment.
This role is ideal for those who genuinely have a passion for helping children, particularly with learning difficulties, and a fantastic opportunity for those looking to advance their career in Teaching.
The pupils will have a range of complex needs such as HI (Hearing Impaired) and VI (Visually Impaired).
- Developing lesson plans that would cater to the students' needs and best interests.
- Collaborate with colleagues and/or assistants to monitor the growth and progress of each student.
- Issue quarterly progress report and term report cards.
- Be relatable to the children by motivating and inspiring them to learn whilst enjoying their time.
- Communicate with parents and keep them informed about the students' development and any changes to the regular day-to-day schedule
- Being able to adapt and show initiative to cater for all specific needs
- Have BSL 2 or above
- Offer a subject specialism in English or Maths. (The ability to offer a second subject is desirable)
- Experience of working with SEN children with hearing and visual impairments
- Have recent experience of working within an educational setting (references necessary).
- Have prior experience working in KS3/4 settings.
- Must have a valid QTS.
- Be a dynamic and creative teacher with an innovative understanding of teaching and learning in relation to D/deaf students and those with SCLN needs.
- Possess an enhanced DBS or willing to carry out a new application
If you are interested and have the right experience, please apply now!