Student Services Administrator -Ealing - September 2018 - Permanent
- Ofsted School - Requires Improvement
- Strong Leadership in place
- Part of Succesful and forward thinking Academy
- Permanent role - September 2018
- To provide a comprehensive high-level student administration support service across the academy to ensure that tasks are completed to a high standard in a timely and efficient manner
- To establish and maintain effective and efficient processes to support the running of the academy. This role will focus on student pastoral administrative support and parental communication.
- First Aid duties - First point of contact in aiding pupils in medical room and contacting parents
- Updating medical history/conditions onto the school's management information system
- Supervising the vaccination programme
- Process behaviour and merits text messages to parents
- To be responsible for making telephones calls to parents regarding issues such as uniform, detentions as directed, recording details of this contact and referring matters forward to academy staff as appropriate
- To ensure that telephone and email queries are dealt with effectively, taking the initiative to identify and handle issues that arise on behalf of the leadership team and others
- Ensuring individual pupils have personal items returned (if named) and that all lost property is cleared from the Lost Property storage area.
- To provide general clerical, administrative support e.g. photocopying, filing, emailing, completion of standard forms, respond to routine correspondence, letters to parents, etc
- To maintain manual and computerised records. Collating information on pupils for meetings
- Organise appointments with parents on behalf of the pastoral team
- Generate and share pastoral data reports
- To use the databases and administrative systems, ensuring they are kept up to date and relevant information is disseminated to appropriate members of staff
- To produce documents (including presentations, correspondence, reports and spreadsheets) in line with school standards, making certain that confidentiality is maintained when required
- The post holder may be required to undertake other duties that are appropriate to the post holders abilities and position.
- To undertake any task as directed by the Principal or line manager
Person Specification: Student Services Administrator
- Right to work in the UK
- Educated to A Level standard and with good passes (A*-C grade) in English and Mathematics to at least GCSE level
- Confident using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Relentless drive to do whatever it takes to ensure all pupils succeed.
- Embody our core values - integrity, courage, community and mastery - in all aspects of work and conduct.
- The belief that with the right environment all of our pupils are able to excel at university, or in a meaningful alternative.
- The courage and conviction to make a difference.
- The ability to listen and communicate effectively.
- Empathy and the ability to understand the needs, aspirations and motivation of diverse individuals and groups.
- Identify, analyse and resolve problems and issues.
- Make fact-based decisions.
- Sustain energy, optimism and motivation in the face of pressure and setbacks.
- Stay calm in difficult situations and maintain clarity of vision
- First aid training or the willingness to attend first aid training
- Experience of working with school MIS systems is highly desirable though not essential.
- Commitment to equality of opportunity and the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils
- This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check
IF YOU FEEL YOU WOULD BE A SUITABLE OPTION TO BE CONSIDERED THEN PLEASE SEND THROUGH AN UP TO DATE CV.
IF YOU ARE SUCCESSFUL YOU WILL BE CONTACTED WITHIN 48 HOURS OF APPLYING , IF YOUHAVE NOT HEARD FROM US THEN WE REGRET TO INFORM YOU THAT YOUR APPLICATION WAS NOT SUCCESSFUL.