Uniform Education are currently working with a number of Special Educational needs school based in South London. They are looking for a Teaching Assistant to start in September with the possibility to become permanent a permanent position for the right candidate.
The school caters for secondary and college aged students with challenging behaviour, SEMH, autism and PMLD.
The role of a SEN Teaching Assistant is to support and promote a healthy and happy learning environment for the students of the school. You will assist the Teacher and students throughout the day within your assigned class or student you are supporting.
- Assess the needs of pupils and use detailed knowledge and specialist skills to support pupils' learning
- Establish rapport and respectful, trusting relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and setting high expectations.
- Supervise and provide particular support for pupils, including those with special needs, ensuring their access to learning resources.
- Ensure pupils' safety and well being
- Promote inclusion and acceptance of all pupils in the classroom by encouraging them to interact with each other and to engage in activities led by the teacher.
- Support the implementation of Learning Passports, Behaviour Plans, Curriculum Planning and Assessment for pupils.
- Promote self-esteem and independence amongst pupils.
- Encourage pupils to interact and work co-operatively with others and engage all pupils in activities
- Promote independence and employ strategies to recognise and reward achievement of self-reliance
- Support pupils consistently whilst recognising and responding to their individual needs
Key skills and experience needed:
- Previous support work within a school or other child related experience
- Strong behaviour management and confident with challenging behaviour
- SEN experience is essential
- One to one and small group work
- Professional manner
- Enthusiastic and friendly, yet firm approach
If you hold any training and qualifications, such as Team Teach and Manual Handling, this will be advantageous. We are looking to hear from you if you are an experienced teaching assistant or someone with experience of working with children and young adults outside of a classroom environment.
If you meet the criteria stated and feel that this is the perfect opportunity for you, then please don't hesitate in applying.