Uniform Education are working with a secondary school in the London borough of Lambeth that are recruiting for a Spanish speaking administrator / receptionist for a permanent position from Sept 2019 to start immediately.
This is a comprehensive, richly diverse school with a Christian foundation, proud to be a strong faith community that welcomes pupils from a wide range of Christian and other religious or indeed no religious background.
Post: RECEPTIONIST/ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
Purpose of Post: To act as the first point of contact with the school, responding to enquiries and passing appropriate information to staff and to assist with the smooth administration of the school.
To provide administrative support for the Assistant Principal
Hours: 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday
Accountable to Student Services Officer Receptionist/Administrative Officer
- To provide effective communication links (telephone, email, reception and messages) throughout the school including but not limited to telephone switchboard duties, taking and circulating messages.
- To receive and welcome all visitors and deliveries, inform appropriate staff and ensure visitors sign into the school and are given security badges.
- To sign children in late and signing them out for appointments.
- To provide administrative support for the Assistant Headteachers.
- To support clerical work in the school. E.g. completion of standard letters, addressing envelopes, making up information packs, collation of documents.
- To word process documents as required.
- Assist the Student Services Officer in the maintenance of manual filing systems
- Enter data as required
- To receive, log and pass on payments from students and families for educational visits, instrumental tuition etc.
- To open and distribute incoming mail and despatch outgoing communications ensuring post placed in staff pigeon holes on a daily basis.
- To provide staff with student information as required.
- To act as a point of contact for Premises emergencies and relay the details to the Premises Manager.
- To provide students with relevant information as requested.
- To cover the Student Services Officer in dealing with students who report to reception feeling unwell and contacting parents as and when necessary
- To administer First Aid
- Maintain first aid boxes and order, through the finance office, further stocks as required.
- To be aware of the responsibilities under Data Protection Legislation for the security, accuracy and significance of the personal data held in the schools systems.
- To take responsibility, appropriate to the post for tackling racism and other forms of discrimination and promoting good race, ethnic and community relations.
- To work in accordance with the Schools Health and Safety Policies and Procedure.
If you are a Spanish speaking administrator with plenty of experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and able to commit to working in a school in Lambeth then I would welcome hearing from you.
Please get in touch with