Uniform Education are currently working with a number of SEND schools in South/South West London who are looking to employ teachers to work within their schools.
The successful candidates will be flexible and willing to work hard as part of the school team to ensure all pupils receive the utmost attention and support. Ultimately, it is important that you can work well with the school team, carrying out your own responsibilities as well as helping with other responsibilities when required.
You will be responsible for:
- Teaching children with SEND of all ages, primary & secondary aged
- Teaching pupils with; Emotional and behavioural difficulties, disabilities and special educational needs.
- Assisting the children with their work; in particular literacy and numeracy
- Following the child's IEP ensuring they work towards their targets
- Liaising with the SENCO, fellow teachers and other support staff on a regular basis
This position will be suitable for:
- Mainstream teachers (ideally with Special Educational Needs experience but not essential)
- A person who holds a teaching qualification
- A NQT
- An overseas trained teacher looking to make the move to London
This successful applicant must:
- Have a passion for working with children of all abilities
- Be comfortable working with pupils with learning and behavioural difficulties
- Have experience working with children with special educational needs is desirable
- Be an excellent and clear communicator
- Patient and able to build rapport with pupils
- Understanding and approachable
- Someone who possesses excellent literacy and numeracy knowledge
- Hold, or be willing to carry out, an enhanced DBS
- Be able to provide professional references to cover you for at least 2 years
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, please submit your CV and a member of our SEND team will be in touch to discuss the role further