A large SEN school in Hounslow are seeking a Teaching Assistant to join their team. The school cater for 11-19 year olds with various additional needs however they are specifically looking for someone to help support their key stage 3 students who have severe learning difficulties.
The job will consist of:
- Supporting 11-14 year olds in small groups and individually
- Assisting the teacher when necessary
- Breaking down lessons so that students understand content and are able to achieve
- Writing reports and contributing to meetings and reviews
- Personal care for male and female students
Ideally you will have:
- Experience of supporting key stage 3 or 4 learners
- An understanding of SEN and in particular SLD
- Experience of personal care
- PECS (not essential)
- Makaton (not essential)
- Team teach or some for of restraint training (not essential)
The school has a great reputation for precisely tailoring education for their individual students. They encourage independence and help young people become active members of the community. All in a warm and welcoming environment where staff are valued.
To apply please forward your CV to Stuart Lovelock at Uniform Education