This role will involve working with disengaged students who have been removed from a mainstream school setting to an environment of alternative provisions. This role will be perfect for someone with a strong character, who is resilient and dedicated to providing a second chance of success to the pupils studying there. The majority of students have SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health) /SEBD need (Social, Emotional, Behavioural Difficulties), some exhibit very challenging behaviour thus mainstream schooling has proved not be the appropriate setting for them.
About the Role
- This is a full time role with three LSA's to support you.
- Promote and encourage independence and personal development in our pupils whilst maintaining high expectations of behaviour at all times.
- Supporting pupils with their learning and general well-being to ensure they have the best opportunity to reach their full potential in a caring and safe environment (where necessary this may include positive behaviour management).
- Working with pupils to support their learning, providing further explanation where needed and providing feedback in relation to attainment and progress (under the guidance of the teacher).
- SEN LSA looking for a challenge
- Have proven experience as a teaching assistant in the UK
- Be able to provide valid references for your work with children
- Hold or be willing to complete a DBS/police check
- PRU experience preferred but not compulsory
- Social/community work experience goes a long way
- Team Teach desired but not compulsory
About the School
- Located in SE11
- All boys school with challenging behaviour bordering on PRU.
- Has a dedicated staff that are passionate about providing the best possible opportunities and education for each individual.
- Celebrates difference, constantly challenges and resolves conflict, always having high expectations about student behaviour, relationships and attainment.
- Has smaller classes and amazing staff that truly understand SEMH.
To be successful, you must be:
- Have proven SEN classroom experience
- Passionate about effectively supporting students with a main focus on literacy and numeracy
- An excellent SEN teacher with a successful track record of impacting positively upon student progress
- Forward-thinking, inspirational, receptive to change and have a high interest in working with a forward thinking school and department
- A good team player with excellent interpersonal skills