SEN teaching assistant - Orpington - October
Are you interested in working with special educational needs?
Do you feel that you are adaptable to individual needs?
Are you positive and encouraging towards others?
If the answer to these questions is yes then this may be your perfect opportunity.
Uniform education are supporting a school in Orpington with their search for SEN teaching assistants for the upcoming months. This is a mainstream school with a fantastic SEN department that caters for a range of additional needs; ASD; ADHD and MLD. The school are looking for people in particular that are able to adapt their supportive strategies to work in accordance with each child's needs. You would be expected to support the class teacher in their lessons and support children alike. You would need to have a positive attitude and encourage others to work to the best of their ability.
* Ability to support those with moderate learning difficulties
* Supporting teachers and children alike both in and out of the classroom
* Having innovative ideas to help children access different styles of learning
* Assisting the teacher with recording and tracking children's progress
* Liaising with parents and professionals regarding specialised individual programmes
* Ability to adapt strategies depending on child's needs
* Encouraging and positive attitude
* Mentoring and other means of support on a one to one basis and in small groups
* Ability to travel to Orpington
* Experience of working with SEN children
If you feel that you are fit for this role then apply now for an interview.