About the School
The school is a primary special school for children located in Lewisham, catering for children between the ages of three and eleven years, who have severe learning difficulties.
Some pupils have a variety of individual needs. A significant number of the pupils have a diagnosis of autism. There is a small number of pupils with profound and multiple learning difficulties. Some pupils have additional physical and sensory disabilities.
The school offers a personalised curriculum tailored to individual needs, modified as appropriate, from the National Curriculum. The school's learning environment is designed to meet the very specific and individual requirements of their pupils.
About the Role
- LSA KS1/ KS2 class
- Getting involved with playground activities
- KS1/KS2 small groups + 1.1 help for children who are struggling
- Support teacher with learning goals
- Hours - 8.45 - 4
- Looking for a Team Player
- Strong personality who likes to promote fun learning
- SEN LSA looking for a good school to develop at
- Have proven experience as a teaching assistant in the UK
- Be able to provide valid references for your work with children
- Hold or be willing to complete a DBS/police check
- PRU experience preferred but not compulsory
- Social/community work experience goes a long way
What to do next
If you are interested in this position, please 'Apply now' or contact Prince today on 02037948988 to submit your CV and details.
Not found what you are looking for? We have similar positions to offer on a daily basis. Contact Prince on the above number to find out more!
Uniform Education are an REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency. Candidates pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy which means that after a qualifying period, supply teachers can be paid to the comparable scale offered by the school.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff will hold an enhanced DBS disclosure (or be prepared to allow us to process one for you), need to provide professional or academic references and attend a face-to-face interview. A prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.