This role will involve working with disengaged students who have been removed from a mainstream school setting to an environment of alternative provisions. This role will be perfect for someone with a strong character, who is resilient and dedicated to providing a second chance of success to the pupils studying there. The majority of student have SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health) /SEBD need (Social, Emotional, Behavioural Difficulties), some exhibit very challenging behaviour thus mainstream schooling has proved not be the appropriate setting for them.
** About the Role **
- This is a full time role with two other LSA's to support you.
- Promote and encourage independence and personal development in our pupils whilst maintaining high expectations of behaviour at all times.
- Supporting pupils with their learning and general well-being to ensure they have the best opportunity to reach their full potential in a caring and safe environment (where necessary this may include supporting with positive behaviour management).
- Working with pupils to support their learning, providing further explanation where needed and providing feedback in relation to attainment and progress (under the guidance of the teacher).
** About you **
- SEN LSA looking for a challenge
- Have proven experience as a teaching assistant in the UK
- Be able to provide valid references for your work with children
- Hold or be willing to complete a DBS/police check
- PRU experience preferred but not compulsory
- Social/community work experience goes a long way
** About the School **
- All boys school with challenging behaviour bordering on PRU.
- Has a dedicated staff that are passionate about providing the best possible opportunities and education for each individual.
- Celebrates difference, constantly challenges and resolves conflict, always having high expectations about student behaviour, relationships and attainment.
- Has smaller classes and amazing staff that truly understand SEMH.
** What to do next **
If you are interested in this position, please 'Apply now' or contact Prince today on 02037948988 to submit your CV and details.
Not found what you are looking for? We have similar positions to offer on a daily basis. Contact Prince on the above number to find out more!
Uniform Education are an REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency. Candidates pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy which means that after a qualifying period, supply teachers can be paid to the comparable scale offered by the school.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff will hold an enhanced DBS disclosure (or be prepared to allow us to process one for you), need to provide professional or academic references and attend a face-to-face interview. A prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.