We are looking for a Learning Support Assistant with experience within PMLD and Autism for end of April 2019. The school, based in Bromley, caters for students aged between 5 and 8 and are looking for someone who has vast experience within Special Needs and a proven background of working with PMLD. The Ideal candidate will have training in Moving and Handling (essential) as well as being MAPA trained (preferable).
** About the Role **
- This is a full time role
- Promote and encourage independence and personal development in our pupils whilst maintaining high expectations of behaviour at all times.
- Supporting our pupils with their learning and general well-being to ensure they have the best opportunity to reach their full potential in a caring and safe environment (where necessary this may include supporting with positive behaviour management).
- Working with our pupils and support their learning, providing further explanation where needed and providing feedback in relation to attainment and progress (under the guidance of the teacher).
** About you **
- Qualified LSA
- Have proven experience as a teaching assistant in the UK in the last 5 years
- Eligible to work in the UK (must hold a valid visa)
- Be able to provide valid references for your work with children
- Hold or be willing to complete a DBS/police check
** About the School **
- Medium sized school that is very well organised.
- Students eager to learn.
- Well-established reputation within the community.
- Strong and supportive leadership
If this is you, then please apply to this advert with a full CV detailing your experience within SEN Schools and a full working history. We will then be in contact with you to book an interview to register with ourselves.
** What to do next **
If you are interested in this position, please contact Richard today on 0121 4812230 or 'Apply now' to submit your CV and details.
Not found what you are looking for? We have jobs similar positions to offer on a daily basis. Keep up to date with us on our Website, Twitter and Facebook pages for details of all our current jobs and upcoming registration days!
ABC Teachers are an REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency, part of TES. Candidates pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy which means that after a qualifying period, supply teachers can be paid to the comparable scale offered by the school.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff will hold an enhanced DBS disclosure (or be prepared to allow us to process one for you), need to provide professional or academic references and attend a face to face interview. A prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.
Telephone calls to and/or from ABC Teachers may be recorded for training, safeguarding and compliance purposes.