Uniform Education are excited to be working exclusively with a mainstream secondary school based in Sutton that require dynamic and proactive teaching assistants to work alongside their students of all ages. The school are looking for highly motivated and hardworking Teaching Assistants to join this well-respected High School in Sutton on a permanent basis.
The School's ethos revolves around a growth mind-set where students are actively encouraged to develop the characteristics of wanting to improve, being open to new ideas, working hard and demonstrating resilience.
Their curriculum is designed to ensure that students of all abilities realise their potential and achieve the best public examination outcomes possible. This is achieved through high levels of consistency in terms of teaching practices, the setting of homework and the challenge of regular assessments. Outside the curriculum they promote competition and co-operation through the House system as well as running a range of extra - curricular activities in the Arts, Sports, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) and department based clubs. The School set high standards in terms of uniform with several 'non-negotiables' and have strict expectations regarding behaviour both in and out of the classroom. Visitors often comment on the calm, purposeful atmosphere around the school.
The following attributes are sought:
- Experience working with children
- Highly driven with a passion to succeed
- Passionate about Safeguarding
- Comfortable working with secondary age group
- Comfortable working with students from a variety of backgrounds and ethnicity's
- Fluent in English
- Excellent Communicator
- Confident working as part of a team
- Able to work Monday - Friday
- Educated to GCSE level (or equivalent)
In return the school can offer:
- A school with a strong commitment to your professional development
- A working environment focused on Teaching and Learning and raising standards for all
- The opportunity to work in a team where your skills, enthusiasm and hard work will be appreciated
- A school that invests in enrichment and extra-curricular activities
The school are looking to interview immediately so please do not delay your application.