This is a rare opportunity for a dedicated SEN class teacher to become part of a team that is keen to cultivate a love of learning.
The school is a purpose built teaching and learning environment. Their excellent facilities include hydrotherapy/ swimming pool, specialist music, food technology, soft play and sensory rooms. There is a beautiful sensory garden.
The school caters for students aged between 5 and 8 and are looking for someone who has good experience within Special needs and a proven background of working with PMLD.
** About the Role **
- Work will begin ASAP with the school seeks candidates to trial as soon as possible.
- The class will consist of Year 1 pupil.
- There will be 9 students per class and 5 LSA's to support.
- This is a full time role so the candidate must be available full time.
- PPA will be expected to be completed as well as the normal role of the Teacher (staff meetings/parents evenings).
- We offer a competitive daily rate dependant on experience.
** About you **
- Qualified Teacher with a valid QTS qualification (or equivalent)
- Have proven experience as a Teacher in a special needs school in the UK in the last 5 years
- Experienced within PMLD
- Eligible to work in the UK (must hold a valid visa)
- Be able to provide valid references for your work with children
- Hold or be willing to complete a DBS/police check
** About the School **
- Medium sized school that is very well organised.
- Ofted rating: Outstanding (2 years running)
- Well-established reputation within the community.
- Strong and supportive leadership that expect high-quality Teachers
- Located in Lewisham Borough with easy access for transport links
If this is you, then please apply to this advert with a full CV detailing your experience within SEN and a full working history. We will then be in contact with you to book an interview to register with ourselves.
** What to do next **
If you are interested in this position, please 'Apply now' or contact Prince today on 02037948988 to submit your CV and details.
Not found what you are looking for? We have similar positions to offer on a daily basis. Contact Prince on the above number to find out more!
Uniform Education are an REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency. Candidates pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy which means that after a qualifying period, supply teachers can be paid to the comparable scale offered by the school.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff will hold an enhanced DBS disclosure (or be prepared to allow us to process one for you), need to provide professional or academic references and attend a face-to-face interview. A prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.