SEN Learning Support Assistant
** Learning Support Assistants required across Hertfordshire Schools
** Work with students with specific learning difficulties
** Full time: 8.30AM to 4.30PM
** Term time only as a Teaching Assistant
** Start: September 2017
** Earn £300 to £500 per week
My schools across Hertfordshire are looking to appoint dedicated and motivated teaching assistants to work within their Special Needs department. You will be supporting students both in and out of classroom. The students are all on the SEN register and several are statemented. The students will have mainly learning difficulties and some with behavioural difficulties.
Key duties and responsibilities;
* Working with and supporting students on a 1 to 1 basis or within small groups
* Supporting students both in and out of the classroom
* Supporting SEN students
The SENCO is looking for either:-
* A qualified Teaching Assistant with some SEN experience, particularly with Dyslexia, Autism and emotional and behavioural difficulties.
* An overseas/ international Teacher who is looking for experience as a Teaching Assistant within an educational environment, before becoming a UK Teacher
* A Graduate with at least a year experience as a Teaching Assistant
Half of the timetable will be on a one to one basis in class. The other half will be in the Special Needs Department itself. You will be working, alongside a Learning Support Teacher, with groups of students. The work in the department will be mainly centred around Maths and English where you will be assisting with numeracy and literacy.
The school itself is outstanding and is a very supportive and welcoming environment with an excellent track record of developing careers. As a teaching assistant / learning support assistant, you will play a vital role in this London school and will be a valued member of the team.
We are currently shortlisting for interviews so apply soon to avoid disappointment. Please call Lee on 0203 794 8988 or email me: