We are working with an SEN school in Islington who are looking to employ passionate and enthusiastic learning support assistants.
The school I am working with is a culturally diverse community school taking children from the age of four to nineteen. Pupils are given the freedom to make choices, for example, whether it is through choice of challenge, how they record their work or by choosing to participate in our numerous extra-curricular clubs and opportunities.
Applications from Graduates and experienced Learning Support Assistants are welcome. If you are interested in furthering your career in education and have ambitions of becoming a class teacher, this role is an excellent starting point and provides valuable experience. You will be working closely with the class teacher in ensuring the children are supported.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing children with support, both in small groups and on a 1:1 basis
- Assisting the children with their work; in particular literacy and numeracy
- Following the child's IEP ensuring they work towards their targets
- Liaising with the SENCO and other support staff on a regular basis
You may be responsible for:
- Working 1:1 with a pupil with additional needs.
The successful applicant will be:
- An excellent and clear communicator
- Professional and confident
- Passionate about working with children
- Understanding and approachable
- Someone who possesses excellent literacy and numeracy knowledge
This position will be suitable for:
- Experienced Primary TA's
- Nursery Nurses or Nursery Assistants who want to broaden their knowledge of educational development
- A person who holds a child care or teaching assistant qualification
- An experienced Learning Support Assistant wanting a new challenge
For further information please call Kirsty at Uniform Education on 0203 794 8988 or send your CV