Uniform Education are currently looking for learning support assistants to work 1:1 and in small groups with children across Key Stage and 2, at a lovely mainstream Primary school based in North London. These children require support with their literacy and numeracy skills and some have challenging behaviour. The successful applicant will need to be confident in their ability to build a rapport with the pupils and class teachers.
These roles will also involve mentoring other SEN pupils across the school, encouraging these pupils to develop further their social and behaviour skills in lessons.
The positions we are recruiting for are immediate starts, and will continue for the remainder of the academic year 2015-2016.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing children with support, both in small groups and on a 1:1 basis
- Assisting the children with their work; in particular literacy and numeracy
- Following the child's IEP ensuring they work towards their targets
- Liasing with the SENCO and other support staff on a regular basis
The successful applicant will be:
- An excellent and clear communicator
- Understanding and approachable
- Someone who posseses excellent literacy and numeracy knowledge
- Preferably have experience working with children with Autism
This position will be suitable for:
- A person who holds a child care or teaching assistant qualification
- An experienced Learning support assistant wanting a new challenge
The successful applicant will be rewarded with a competitive salary and an opportunity to work in an excellent school with fantastic facilities.
For further information call Uniform Education