I am currently working with a large two and three form entry Primary school in Brent who are looking to employ passionate and enthusiastic Learning Support Assistants.
The children, are mainly from the immediate local area, and come from a variety of backgrounds, faiths and races. They are a multi-cultural school and are proud to be so. My client school actively encourage a working partnership between parents and school in the belief that this leads to higher standards and the general well-being of all children in the school. The original building dates from the 1930s. In 1991 the building was doubled in size by the completion of a new wing. In April 2003 a new sports hall and music suite were completed. This has made the school a very spacious, bright and welcoming place. We also have extensive playgrounds, a large field and a nature area.
If you are interested in furthering your career in education whether within Special Educational Needs or have ambitions of becoming a class teacher, this role is an excellent starting point and provides valuable experience. You will be working closely with the class teacher and SEN -Coordinator in ensuring the children are supported and progressing.
This successful applicant must be:
- Passionate about complex and special educational needs
- Comfortable working 1:1 with a pupil with learning difficulties
- Experience working with children with special educational needs is desirable
- An excellent and clear communicator
- Patient and able to build rapport with pupils
- Understanding and approachable
- Someone who possesses excellent literacy and numeracy knowledge
You will be responsible for:
- Providing children with support, both in small groups and on a 1:1 basis
- Assisting the children with their work; in particular literacy and numeracy
- Following the child's IEP ensuring they work towards their targets
- Liaising with the SENCO and other support staff on a regular basis
This position will be suitable for:
- Graduates (ideally with Special Educational Needs experience)
- A person who holds a child care or teaching assistant qualification - eg. CACHE Level 3
- A person who has worked in a caring position and has transferrable skills
- An experienced Learning Support Assistant wanting a new challenge
This post is subject to a current enhanced DBS and 2 professional references.
If you would like to apply, please email all inquiries to Kirsty at or call 0203 794 8988.