The children, are mainly from the immediate local area, and come from a variety of backgrounds, faiths and races. They are a multi-cultural school and are proud to be so. My client school actively encourage a working partnership between parents and school in the belief that this leads to higher standards and the general well-being of all children in the school. The original building dates from the 1930s. In 1991 the building was doubled in size by the completion of a new wing. In April 2003 a new sports hall and music suite were completed. This has made the school a very spacious, bright and welcoming place. We also have extensive playgrounds, a large field and a nature area.
If you are interested in furthering your career in education whether within Special Educational Needs or have ambitions of becoming a class teacher, this role is an excellent starting point and provides valuable experience. You will be working closely with the class teacher and SEN -Coordinator in ensuring the children are supported and progressing.
This successful applicant must be:
- Passionate about complex and special educational needs
- Comfortable working 1:1 with a pupil with learning difficulties
- Experience working with children with special educational needs is desirable
- An excellent and clear communicator
- Patient and able to build rapport with pupils
- Understanding and approachable
- Someone who possesses excellent literacy and numeracy knowledge
You will be responsible for:
- Providing children with support, both in small groups and on a 1:1 basis
- Assisting the children with their work; in particular literacy and numeracy
- Following the child's IEP ensuring they work towards their targets
- Liaising with the SENCO and other support staff on a regular basis
This position will be suitable for:
- Graduates (ideally with Special Educational Needs experience)
- A person who holds a child care or teaching assistant qualification - eg. CACHE Level 3
- A person who has worked in a caring position and has transferrable skills
- An experienced Learning Support Assistant wanting a new challenge
This post is subject to a current enhanced DBS and 2 professional references.
If you would like to apply, please email all inquiries to Kirsty at or call 0203 794 8988.