Primary Teacher - Bexley - September 2018
A large three form entry school in Bexley are looking to appoint a KS1 teacher on a full time basis to start in September.
- To carry out professional duties and to have responsibility for an assigned class
- To be responsible for the day-to-day work and management of the class and the safety and welfare of the pupils, during on-site activities
- To promote the aims and objectives of the school and maintain its philosophy of education
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To create and manage a caring, supportive, purposeful and stimulating environment which is conductive to children's learning.
- To plan and prepare lessons in order to deliver the national Curriculum ensuring breadth and balance in all subjects.
- To identify clear teaching objectives and learning outcomes, with appropriate challenge and high expectations.
- To maintain good order and discipline among the pupils, safeguarding their health and safety.
- To organise and manage groups or individuals pupils ensuring differentiation of learning needs, reflecting all abilities.
- To plan opportunities to develop the social, emotional and cultural aspects of pupils' learning.
- To maintain a regular system of monitoring, assessment, record-keeping and reporting of children's progress.
- To prepare appropriate records for the transfer of pupils.
- To ensure effective use of support staff within the classroom, including parent helpers.
- To participate in staff meetings as required.
- Contribute to the development and co-ordination of a particular area of the curriculum.
- To be part of a whole school team, actively involved in decision-making on the preparation and development of policies and programmes of study, teaching materials, resources, methods of teaching and pastoral arrangements.
- To ensure that school policies are reflected in daily practice.
- To communicate and consult with parents over all aspects of their children's education, academic, social and emotional.
- To liaise with outside agencies when appropriate, e.g. educational psychologist.
- To continue professional development, maintaining a portfolio of training undertaken.
- To meet with parents and agencies, to contribute positively to the education of the children concerned.
- To support the head teacher in promoting the ethos of the school.
- To promote the welfare of children and to support the school in safeguarding children through relevant policies and procedures.
- To promote equality as an integral part of the role and to treat everyone with fairness and dignity.
- To recognise health and safety is a responsibility of every employee, to take responsible care of self and others and to comply with the schools health and safety policy and any school-specific procedures/rules that apply to this role.
A large primary three form entry school in Bexley who have recently been through Ofsted inspection. Ofsted stated 'pupils behave with consideration and care. They look out for each other and are fully involved with school life. Pupils' good attitudes to their work and interest in learning also support the good progress that they make'. The school are pleased Ofsted recognised that Teachers plan well for pupils of different ages and abilities in the classes. They make good use of questioning and follow up pupils answers well.
The school offer:
- A welcoming environment.
- Well behaved pupils who are polite, courteous and engaged in their learning.
- The opportunity to work with a creative curriculum.
- A learning environment surrounded by a range of outdoor learning spaces.
All candidates must have the right to work in the UK, hold QTS, relevant references from the last two years and current DBS subscribed on the online service. Anyone who does not will be required to carry out a new Enhanced DBS.
To apply for this particular position please submit your CV via the button below or call us on 0203 794 8988. Should your application meet the selection criteria, you will be contacted shortly by a dedicated member of Uniform Education team. Uniform Education will run through an initial registration process to be followed by either an interview or trial day at the school's discretion. Any offers will be subject to references and relevant safeguarding checks.
Uniform Education offer:
- Ongoing CPD
- NQT support and guidance
- NQT Placements
- CV format advice and support
- Competitive rates
- Experienced teachers are paid to scale
- Wide choice of schools and locations
- Dedicated team of experienced consultants
- £200 bonus fee if you recommend a teacher or support staff *(T&Cs apply)