Uniform Education are currently looking for learning support assistants to work 1:1 with children across Key Stage 1 to Key Stage 4. These children require support with their literacy and numeracy skills and have challenging behaviour. The successful applicant will need to be confident with their behaviour management skills.
These roles will also involve mentoring other SEN pupils across the schools, encouraging these pupils to develop further their social and behaviour skills in lessons.
The positions we are recruiting for are immediate starts or September 2017, and will continue for the academic year 2017-2018. Uniform Education are working with a wide variety of schools across London.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing children with support, both in small groups and on a 1:1 basis
- Assisting the children with their work; in particular literacy and numeracy
- Following the child's IEP ensuring they work towards their targets
- Liasing with the SENCO and other support staff on a regular basis
The successful applicant will be:
- An excellent and clear communicator
- Understanding and approachable
- Someone who posseses excellent literacy and numeracy knowledge
This position will be suitable for:
- A person who holds a child care or teaching assistant qualification
- An experienced Learning support assistant wanting a new challenge
For further information call Uniform Education on 0203 794 8988 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org