Purpose of the Post:
To support students with barriers to learning including; NEET's, mental health, learning difficulties and disabilities to access work placements and progress into paid employment.
To actively promote the development of the project through the creation of external partnerships and the development of internal systems and protocols.
The Job Coach will actively embrace the College's core principles to ensure an inclusive and positive environment for our students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
The Job Coach will be expected to work in collaboration with colleagues across the project partnership and will need to maintain strong communication systems with a variety of individuals. These will include:
- Students and their carers/parents/advocates
- Staff members
- Project partners
- External employers
- Any other links which need a relationship maintained
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively support young people who are looking for employment, providing them with job search skills, support within work placements, training and support in the classroom and experience in order to facilitate their achievement of identified
- Continually assess each young person both formally and informally to create an adaptable, personalised employability
- Provide continual support and guidance, ensuring the progression of students after entering paid
- Demonstrate innovative approaches to employer engagement through marketing and promotion in order to identify and secure potential opportunities for both paid employment and work experience
- Develop partnerships with local organisations to facilitate referrals and additional
- Gather and relay information between staff, project partners and providers of work
- Create and maintain necessary paperwork and documentation to support and evidence the project using IT based
- Experience of working effectively with students with barriers to learning including; NEET's, young offenders, learning difficulties and disabilities, including those who may communicate using challenging behaviour. (Essential)
- Experience of establishing networks and developing, managing and delivering projects with various stakeholders including the private, voluntary and statutory
- Experience of developing and delivering programmes of activities with young people both individually and in groups which enables them to pursue their learning to enhance their future
Abilities, Skills & Knowledge
- Ability to communicate effectively with students with barriers to learning, including those who may communicate using challenging
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, parents, carers and other external contacts, at all levels, using a variety of
- Ability to approach prospective employers and other stakeholders to create and maintain all necessary links and partnerships in support of the
- Ability to communicate a commitment to the view that students with multiple disabilities can and do
- Ability to organise own work and meet strict
This role is an available start, please apply now.