Uniform Education are currently looking for learning support assistants to work 1:1 and with small groups with children across Key stages 3 & 4 at Secondary schools in South London. These children require support with their English & Mathematics skills and some have challenging behaviour. The successful applicant will need to be confident with their behaviour management skills, as well as show a real passion to work with children aged 11-16.
These roles will also involve mentoring pupils across the schools, encouraging these pupils to develop further their social and behaviour skills in lessons.
The positions we are recruiting for are immediate starts or January 2018, and will continue for the academic year 2017-2018. Uniform Education are working with a wide variety of schools across South London, with this particular school based in Wandsworth.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing children with support, both in small groups and on a 1:1 basis
- Assisting the children with their work; in particular English & Maths.
- Following the child's IEP ensuring they work towards their targets
- Liasing with the class teachers and other support staff on a regular basis
The successful applicant will be:
- An excellent and clear communicator
- Understanding and approachable
- Someone who posseses excellent literacy and numeracy knowledge
This position will be suitable for:
- A person who holds a child care or teaching assistant qualification
- An experienced Learning support assistant wanting a new challenge
For further information please call Uniform Education