Uniform Education are currently looking for a learning support assistant/HLTA for a school based in Camden. These children require support with their English & Mathematics skills and some have challenging behaviour. The successful applicant will need to be confident with their behaviour management skills, as well as show a real passion to work with children aged 5-11.
This role will also involve mentoring pupils across the school, encouraging these pupils to develop further their social and behaviour skills in lessons.
The position we are recruiting for are immediate starts or September 2017, and will continue for the academic year 2017-18. Uniform Education are solely working with this school and are looking to appoint the suitable candidate for the academic year 2017/18. This is an outstanding primary school, with a very supportive head teacher and senior leadership team.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing children with support, both in small groups and on a 1:1 basis
- Assisting the children with their work; in particular English & Maths.
- Following the child's IEP ensuring they work towards their targets
- Liasing with the class teachers and other support staff on a regular basis
The successful applicant will be:
- An excellent and clear communicator
- Understanding and approachable
- Someone who posseses excellent literacy and numeracy knowledge
This position will be suitable for:
- A person who holds a child care or teaching assistant qualification
- An experienced Learning support assistant wanting a new challenge
- A graduate who is potentially interested in becoming a teacher at a later date in their career
For further information please call Uniform Education for further details or apply NOW.