Uniform Education are excited to be working with an "Outstanding" Ofsted-rated mainstream secondary school in Sutton who are currently looking to recruit an Exams Officer to provide all aspects of examinations administration - preparation, organization and supervision of all public examinations. This role will also include supporting the school's administration team. The hours are 36 per week, term time only plus two weeks in the holiday periods. Four of these days must be in August to process public examination results.
The Examinations Officer is a full time post. The post requires a willingness to adapt working hours during busy periods to enable the applicant to start/finish examinations and complete necessary despatch of scripts, processing of results etc.
The Examination Officer undertakes all aspects of examinations administration - preparation, organisation and supervision of all public examinations in accordance with the regulations laid down by the Awarding Bodies and application of those same standards to SATS and pre public examinations (PPE's). The smooth running of public examinations is vital to the candidates and the centre as a whole to ensure that candidates are given the opportunity and environment to fully demonstrate their abilities.
- To ensure and maintain all administrative and organisational aspects of the examination system, to include exam season preparation, data collection for registration and entry, checking and processing, liaison with course leaders, estimated grades collection and submission, coursework mark collection and submission, subsequent parcelling and despatch of coursework, plus general tasks such as photocopying and filing.
- Entry documentation and timetable issue to candidates.
- Identification and resolution of examination clashes.
- Results processing and issue to candidates.
- Results lists and associated documentation to staff.
- Coordination of application for and processing of access arrangements/ special consideration / enquiries into results/ publications orders and management of exams budget.
- Maintaining day - to - day contact with the Awarding Bodies.
- Drawing up examination timetables (including for SATS and internal examinations).
- Management of the post - results services available.
- Management of malpractice procedures should the need arise.
- Appropriate circulation of incoming information, logging important communications and generally ensuring an efficient office environment.
- Undertaking all work involved in examination entries: making the internal arrangements in the school for rooming (in liaison with the Premises Management) and invigilation (including for pre public examinations), processing and recording results.
- Regular liaison with the Data Manager to ensure that all aspects of examination management and MIS data systems are effective and accurate.
- Liaison with Learning Support to provide for students with special access arrangements.
- Setting up of examination rooms with candidate cards, oversight of start, paper changeovers and end of examinations, despatch of scripts.
- Contacting students to arrange collection of exam certificates and ensuring that receipt is recorded.
- General oversight, preparatory organisation, scheduling and invigilation of pre public examinations.
- Preparation and organisation, rooming and invigilation of SATs and subject module tests and all other public examinations.
- Invigilation of examinations where necessary.
- Training and management of an invigilation team.
- Brief students via attendance at selected assemblies on examination procedures, appropriate conduct.
- Qualifications and Experience:
- A good academic standard with good literacy and numeracy.
- Awareness of current examinations available to students.
- Skills, Abilities and Personal Qualities:
- Methodical, well organised, meticulous, able to prioritise and cope with a high level of responsibility.
- Capable of forward planning.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure, and to tight deadlines with effective time - management skills.
- Able to make decisions, use own initiative, be pro - active.
- Good interpersonal/negotiating skills, able to communicate effectively with a range of staff and students.
- Able to manage teams of people.
- Ability to work accurately with particular attention to detail.
- Understanding of the need for confidentiality, data accuracy and security.
- Computer literacy; Experience of Word and Excel essential and SIMs desirable.
- Good record of attendance and punctuality.
- Calm, flexible, dependable, reliable with a sense of humour.
- To be available for additional administrative duties, to support the smooth running of the school, as directed by the Office Manager.
- Previous or current experience in an office/administrative environment.
- Experience and confidence in using IT: entering data; word processing; use of spreadsheets.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good communication skills with staff, students and Exam Board personnel.
- The ability to empathise with young people.
- Accuracy and an eye for detail.
- The ability to deal calmly with the unexpected.
The actual salary range for this post is between £19,500 - £23,500.
If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please apply today!