I am working with a large Primary school in Brent, who are looking to employ a passionate and enthusiastic Early Years learning support assistant.
The school I am working with is a culturally diverse community school taking children from the age of three to eleven. Pupils are given the freedom to make choices, for example, whether it is through choice of challenge, how they record their work or by choosing to participate in our numerous extra-curricular clubs and opportunities.
If you are interested in furthering your career in education whether within Special Educational Needs or have ambitions of becoming a class teacher, this role is an excellent starting point and provides valuable experience. You will be working closely with the class teacher and SEN -Coordinator in ensuring the children are supported and progressing.
This successful applicant must be:
- Passionate about complex and special educational needs
- Comfortable working 1:1 with a pupil with learning difficulties
- Experience working with children with special educational needs is desirable
- An excellent and clear communicator
- Patient and able to build rapport with pupils
- Understanding and approachable
- Someone who possesses excellent literacy and numeracy knowledge
You will be responsible for:
- Providing children with support, both in small groups and on a 1:1 basis
- Assisting the children with their work; in particular literacy and numeracy
- Following the child's IEP ensuring they work towards their targets
- Liaising with the SENCO and other support staff on a regular basis
This position will be suitable for:
- Graduates (ideally with Special Educational Needs experience)
- A person who holds a child care or teaching assistant qualification - eg. CACHE Level 3
- A person who has worked in a caring position and has transferrable skills
- An experienced Learning Support Assistant wanting a new challenge
This post is subject to a current enhanced DBS and 2 professional references.
If you would like to apply, please email all enquiries to Kirsty at or call 0203 794 8988.