I am working with a large Primary school in Brent (Wembley), who are looking to employ a passionate and enthusiastic EY learning support assistant.
The school I am working with is a culturally diverse community school taking children from the age of three to eleven. The staff are friendly and supportive and the children are happy and content.
This role is a Long term position to start in the next 2weeks and is to support a child in reception (4-5yrs old) who has mild ASD. They are a happy child with a bright and funny personality.
If you are interested in furthering your career in education whether within Special Educational Needs or have ambitions of becoming a class teacher, this role is an excellent starting point and provides valuable experience. You will be working closely with the class teacher and SEN -Coordinator in ensuring the children are supported and progressing.
This successful applicant must be:
- Passionate about complex and special educational needs
- Comfortable working 1:1 with a pupil with learning difficulties
- Experience working with children with special educational needs is desirable
- An excellent and clear communicator
- Patient and able to build rapport with pupils
- Understanding and approachable
- Someone who possesses excellent literacy and numeracy knowledge
You will be responsible for:
- Providing children with support, both in small groups and on a 1:1 basis
- Assisting the children with their work; in particular literacy and numeracy
- Following the child's IEP ensuring they work towards their targets
- Liaising with the SENCO and other support staff on a regular basis
This position will be suitable for:
- Graduates (ideally with Special Educational Needs experience)
- A person who holds a child care or teaching assistant qualification - eg. CACHE Level 3
- A person who has worked in a caring position and has transferrable skills
- An experienced Learning Support Assistant wanting a new challenge
This post is subject to a current enhanced DBS and 2 professional references.
If you would like to apply, please email all enquiries to Kirsty at or call 0203 794 8988.