*** DT Design and Technology Technician ***
*** Mainstream Secondary School ***
*** "Outstanding" Ofsted ***
*** Sutton ***
*** ASAP Start ***
Uniform Education are excited to be working with an "Outstanding" Ofsted-rated mainstream secondary school in Sutton who are currently looking to recruit a DT Technician who is competent using ALL of the following: CAD/CAM, LaserCAM, band saw, planer thicknesser, lathe and other workshop equipment, to start ASAP to work on a long-term basis (no official end date).
This will be working with the head of department and class teacher, assisting pupils of a range ages and abilities from Key Stage 3 to 4, ensuring that students' needs are met and any challenging behaviour is monitored to maintain a safe working environment.
Other duties include:
- Ensure that appropriate stock level of apparatus and tools are maintained. Maintain stock books, including carrying out or arranging stock checks.
- Place and progress orders, ensuring spending is in line with Faculty policy.
- Keep appropriate financial records, keeping Head of Technology informed of expenditures and liaising with Finance Department as appropriate.
- Identify equipment needs in consultation with teaching and technician staff to participate in the selection of new equipment.
- Organise and store equipment, apparatus, tools and materials in accordance with the school regulations where appropriate
- Prepare apparatus, tools and materials and set up equipment for use in practical classes.
- Set up and, on occasion, carry out demonstrations.
- Retrieve and clean away apparatus/ tools after use.
- Construct and modify tools.
- Ensure that the practical requirements of practical assessments and examinations are met, including preparing, setting up and testing materials, apparatus and equipment. Attend examination previews.
The school is near two mainline stations and is also accessible by a number of popular bus routes.
Key skills and experience needed:
- Previous support work within a school or other transferable child-related experience
- A firm presence and strong behaviour management
- Previous one to one, small group work and/or whole class support
- Professional manner. Proactive, engaging and empathetic.
- Enthusiastic, friendly, patient and determined approach
If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please send your CV to Ottie Manners at Uniform Education.