Scale 6 Point 18 £23,287 - Point 20 - £24,131, Pro rata
(FTE £27,228 - £28,215)
35 hours per week 39 weeks per annum
1 year fixed contract
Uniform Education are proud to be working alongside a South London School in Croydon that are recruiting for a Cover Supervisor. This position is to start as soon as a suitable applicant becomes available and on a permanent basis. Please review the below job description and if interested in applying submit your CV or email for more details.
Cover Manager (including Head of PE as and when instructed)
- To cover short term absence of teaching staff, taking sole charge of a group of pupils (all subjects)
The primary focus will be to maintain good order and to keep pupils on task.
- No active teaching is required other than in PE as pupils will learn by carrying out pre-prepared work under supervision.
As and when directed;
- Leading PE lessons across a variety of key stages
- Leading extracurricular sports sessions and enrichment clubs
- Helping to organise and lead sport fixtures.
- Helping with the running of sports days and other sporting events in school.
- Assisting with the sporting offer for transition days.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervision of work that has been set in accordance with school policy.
- Manage the behaviour of pupils whilst they are undertaking work to ensure a constructive environment.
- Establish productive working relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and setting high expectations.
- Respond to any questions from pupils about process and procedure.
- Deal with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school's policies and procedures.
- Collect any completed work after the lesson and return it to the appropriate teacher.
- Report back as appropriate using the school's agreed referral procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and any issues arising.
Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils within the classroom.
- Support pupils consistently whilst recognising and responding to their individual needs.
- Encourage pupils to interact and work co-operatively with others and engage all pupils in activities.
- Promote independence and employ strategies to recognise and reward achievement of self- reliance.
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement.
- Promote positive values, attitudes and good pupil behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policy and encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own behaviour.
- Liaise sensitively and effectively with parents/carers as agreed with the teacher within your role/responsibility and participate in feedback sessions/meetings with parents with, or as directed.
- Administer and assess routine tests and invigilate exams/tests.
- Provide general clerical/admin. Support e.g. administer coursework, produce worksheets for agreed activities etc.
SUPPORT FOR THE ACADEMY
To be first aid trained
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- Be aware of and support difference and ensure all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop.
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school.
- Establish constructive relationships and communicate with other agencies/professionals, to support achievement and progress of pupils. Attend and participate in regular meetings.
- Participate in training and other learning activities as required.
- Provide general administration duties as and when required by the Office Manager and Student Support Manager.
- Responsibility for creating and maintaining high quality displays around the Academy to promote learning and achievement.
- Recognise own strengths and areas of expertise and use these to advise and support others.
- Provide appropriate guidance and supervision and assist in the training and development of staff as appropriate.
- Undertake planned supervision of pupils' out of school hours learning activities.
- Supervise pupils on visits, trips and out of school activities as required.
Supervision of Students
- To ensure the safety and wellbeing of the pupils at your designated duty area.
- Undertake supervision duties as allocated, which may take place before, during and after school including break and lunchtime.
- Supervise pupils, either inside or outside of the school building, being especially vigilant as to the health, safety and security of the pupils within their care, and in accordance with the Behaviour Policy.
- Ensure good behaviour and safe conduct of pupils by maintaining good order and discipline, dealing as appropriate (including restraint) with all incidents of disorder that any disruption is minimised.