Kitchen cook / assistant required for our outstanding primary school.
Hourly rate of up to £9, subject to experience.
35 hours per week.
Experience cooking for children would be beneficial with particular attention given to awareness of dietary limitations and implementation.
We're looking for a creative and hardworking kitchen assistant to help prepare and serve the children from our brand new commercial kitchen.
Your role as a Kitchen Assistant will include
- Supporting the chef to create healthy, nutritious meals using fresh ingredients.
- To ensure that the kitchen is clean and tidy at all times
- Following COSHH procedures
- Ensuring that children are served the correct food, being aware of allergies at all times! Safeguarding all children in our care.
- Receiving and unloading food and equipment deliveries.
- Ensuring that hygiene and cleanliness within the kitchen is of the highest standard in accordance with Environmental Health requirements and legislation.
- You may be asked from time to time to assist with laundry and covering housekeepers duties when others are absent.
- Experience of cooking with fresh ingredients using a set menu and recipes.
- Experience working with Special Dietary Requirements.
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in Food Production/Cookery.
YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE A VALID DBS AND PASS A VETTING CHECK PRIOR TO ENTERING THE SCHOOL
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We take safeguarding seriously and follow safe recruitment procedures. A DBS check will be required for this role.
To apply today, please send your CV or call 020 3794 8988.
Thank you and good luck