The SEND School is a lively and fun primary school for children with complex needs, including children with severe learning difficulties, autism and profound and multiple learning difficulties.
The school are seeking to appoint an outstanding special needs practitioner as Assistant Headteacher who will play a key role in supporting the Headteacher and deputy Headteacher with the leadership and management of the school. This role represents an excellent opportunity for someone to use their deep understanding of and strong commitment to educating children with special educational needs and a rare chance to be directly involved in helping to develop an outstanding and genuinely bespoke provision.
We are interested in hearing from potential candidates with experience of successful leadership, gained in special education, particularly individuals with:
- Substantial experience as a classroom practitioner, either in Independent or maintained special education.
- Recent experience of working successfully in a special school for children with complex special needs.
- Ability to liaise with and lead a multidisciplinary team within the school
- Ability to lead, motivate and inspire teams to raise standards in student outcomes.
- Outstanding expectations for our learners to achieve in life
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to lead.
- Experience of developing a curriculum appropriate for pupils with complex learning needs.
Please apply for the position now for further information on the position.